Ford Motor Co.’s Oakville, Ont., Canada, will begin producing two minivans and two new cross/utility vehicles beginning in 2007, press reports say. Ford says it hasn’t finalized plans for Oakville. But annual output reportedly will hit 350,000 units when all four products come on line in four years and a third shift is added. The CUVs originally were slated for Ford’s Atlanta plant. Codenamed U387 and U388, annual capacity for the CUVs will be 200,000 units, according to reports. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.