The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) informs WEVTU that a initial dynamometer emissions test of a 1996 2L I-4 Volkswagen AG vehicle recorded incorrect test scores of zero hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide, CO. The IEPA I/M program technical director, Jim Matheny, says the incorrect readings were due to “abnormally high ambient background concentrations,” which when compared with measured tailpipe emissions effectively indicated no emissions generated by the engine. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.