DETROIT – Owens Corning Automotive this fall plans to roll out a new thermal and acoustic insulating material that will reduce vehicle weight and perform better than fabrics commonly used by auto makers, a company executive tell Ward's. The supplier plans to provide its VersaMat 1000 thermoplastic technology in applications such as headliners, door panels, under-hood applications, trunk storage systems and under-carpet heat shields, says Andy Hopkins, general manager-Owens ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.