LAS VEGAS – Putting oversized chrome wheels on an SUV or replacing the regular doors on a Hyundai Tiburon with gullwing versions isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Hummer H2 with GM Accessories. Holden Commodore retakes sales lead. Nevertheless, such aftermarket add-ons big and small are a huge and growing business that OEMs now are putting in their sights as profit margins on regular production models dwindle. Ford Motor Co., General Motors Corp. and Chrysler Group used to sneer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.