AUBURN HILLS, MI – The rash of auto suppliers filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection is by no means the fault of OEMs, Chrysler Group’s top purchasing executive says. Several notable suppliers, including Collins & Aikman Corp., Meridian Automotive Systems Inc. and Tower Automotive Inc., have filed for bankruptcy protection in recent months to stave off potential closure. (See related story: C&A Bankruptcy Chills Interiors Show) The chaos comes as auto makers demand further ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.