TOKYO — Just two suppliers produced roughly half of the 10 million crankshaft forgings used by Japan’s auto industry last year. According to a survey by WEVTU, Sumitomo Metal Industries Ltd. produced an estimated 3 million forgings. Second ranked Aichi Steel Corp., main supplier to Toyota Motor Corp., produced around 1.8 million. Aichi Steel, a Toyota affiliated supplier, makes forgings at its Tokai complex in Aichi Prefecture; Sumitomo Metals makes them at its Osaka Steel Works. In ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.