General Motors Corp. will build a midsize version of the Avalanche sport/utility pickup for its GMC division at its Oklahoma City assembly plant, sources tell Ward’s. Codenamed GMT305, the crossover — unlike Avalanche — will feature an open-air retractable notchback over the cargo area, sources indicate. Ron Zarrella, president of GM North America, gave a quick glimpse of the vehicle during a presentation last week in kicking off the Special Equipment Market Assn. show in Las Vegas. Mr. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.