FRANKFURT – The first organic light emitting diode (OLED) instrument displays to reach automobile interiors probably will provide information only in yellow or green. OLED screens are lighter in weight, thinner and less complicated because a display doesn't need a back light That’s not a lot different from the liquid crystal displays (LCDs) available today in red or amber. But a decade from now, says Siemens VDO Automotive AG, they could be stunning – full color, thin and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.