General Motors Corp. plans to more than double availability of its OnStar in-vehicle safety and communications system for its ’06 lineup. The number of vehicles equipped with OnStar in North America will increase to 3 million from 1.4 million today, John Smith, group vice president-GM North America Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing, announces from Detroit, while Gary Cowger, president of GM North America breaks the news to reporters in Paris for the auto show that opens there this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.