DETROIT – Starting this month, if you crash a Cadillac SLS into The Great Wall of China, OnStar will dispatch aid. OnStar executives confirm the Chinese-market rollout of its concierge service in the crest-and-wreath brand’s fullsize luxury sedan. And OnStar’s hands-free calling service will offer voice recognition in Mandarin, which is no mean feat: the Asian language is regarded among the most difficult to discern with software. “It has a lot of tones,” explains Nan Ratner, chair of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.