Breaking through the 20,000-subscriber-mark in China may seem like a negligible achievement compared with OnStar’s 5.5 million U.S. subscribers, but President Chris Preuss views it as a fast start in what could be the service's biggest overseas market. General Motors Co. launched OnStar in China last December. “We're growing extremely fast in China,” Preuss tells Ward's in a phone interview. “It's a challenge to keep up with the demand there.” Preuss, a veteran GM public relations ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.