DETROIT – General Motors Corp. hopes a new feature offered by its OnStar Div. will retain more subscribers for the in-vehicle telematics provider and lower vehicle-warranty costs, company executives say. The service, called OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, automatically performs hundreds of problem-solving checks on a vehicle and sends an e-mail maintenance report to the owner. Offered at no additional cost to subscribers, it can be activated on any ’04 model or newer OnStar-equipped GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.