DETROIT – OnStar features will remain exclusive to General Motors Co. vehicles in the near term, the telematics service’s president says. OnStar had been shopping itself to other auto makers as a means of generating additional revenue, but Chris Preuss tells journalists here today that prospect is “not on the table.” Partnerships with other auto makers are problematic – for GM and prospective new customers – when OnStar’s close association with the giant auto maker is considered, he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.