VIENNA – Fiat-GM Powertrain’s Austrian arm, Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, celebrates the inauguration of its new M20/32 6-speed transmission plant here. The investment of €380 million ($463 million) marks the largest single retooling in the 22-year history of the Austrian plant. Opel Austria has made 13.6 million transmissions since 1984. The new gearbox family is to be installed in several Opel/Vauxhall, Saab, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Lancia cars and commercial vehicles. Shipments to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.