VIENNA – Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, the Austrian engine plant here operated by Fiat-GM Powertrain, launches production of its new M20/32 6-speed manual transmission. Initially, the transmissions will be shipped to the Opel Belgium N.V. plant in Antwerp, where they will be installed in the Opel Astra 2.0 Turbo model. Opel Astra will be first to use 6-speed. But the new transmission family eventually also will be used in several other Opel/Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Saab ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.