General Motors Corp.’s Opel Belgium subsidiary will boost production of the Astra at its Antwerp production facility. The move is the result of better-than-anticipated demand for the car in Europe. GM wants output increased by an additional 5,000 units, bringing production at the plant to a projected 265,000 units this year. Opel Belgium says it is working with its trade unions to determine how many more cars can be built under the current union contract. email@example.com
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.