Should Fiat Auto Group succeed in its bid to purchase Adam Opel GmbH from struggling General Motors Corp., the Italian auto maker would vault to the No.2 seller of light vehicles in Western Europe, according to Ward’s data. On a light-vehicle basis, Fiat held the No.4 position in the region last year with sales of 1,393,315 cars and trucks. Absorbing sales reported by Opel last year, the combined auto makers sold 2,526,485 units. A Fiat-Opel-Chrysler combination would have sold 2,618,458 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.