1.7L ECOTEC turbodiesel Adam Opel AG will be the first major auto manufacturer to bring a diesel-powered passenger car to the European market that complies with Euro-4 emissions standards, the auto maker says. The Euro-4 emissions standards, which are about 50% lower than the current Euro standards, take effect in 2005. The engine, a 4-cyl, 1.7L ECOTEC turbodiesel, will debut in the Astra model range in February 2003. It features two overhead camshafts and common rail ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.