VIENNA – Volume production of the Opel Astra is under way at Adam Opel’s main plant in Russelsheim, Germany. Opel invested some E51 million ($73 million) to add output of the fourth-generation Astra 5-door hatchback at the facility. Russelsheim is expected to reach Astra’s installed capacity of 20 cars an hour in mid-September. In addition, the plant manufactures 40 Insignia cars an hour, building three different body styles of the bigger model. However, while Russelsheim is in launch ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.