GLIWICE, Poland –Adam Opel AG’s car plant here has begun assembly of the current-generation, Astra II. Once the all-new, third-generation Opel Astra, unveiled last month at the Frankfurt auto show, goes into production in Western Europe in January, Opel Polska Sp. z o.o. will be the continent’s only remaining production site for the Astra II. (See related story: Compact Car Wars Begin in Europe) Opel Polska will assemble up to 2,000 Astras this year. Opel Polska will build ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.