VIENNA – Opel Polska Sp. z o.o. will launch production of the second-generation Opel Zafira minivan in September. The wholly owned Adam Opel AG plant in Gliwice, Poland, currently produces the Opel Agila microvan and Opel Astra Classic II. Launch of Zafira’s next generation will add 1,000 workers at Opel Polska. This year, output is expected to reach about 116,600 vehicles at the plant, up 58% from 2003. About 94% of this year’s total production is destined for export markets. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.