VIENNA – Adam Opel GmbH plans to increase engine and parts production at its factory in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The facility currently builds 2.0L 4-cyl. turbocharged diesel engines. The expansion will increase annual output from 150,000 units to 230,000 by 2014, when the plant will launch production of a new-generation 2.0L diesel mill that complies with Euro 6 emissions standards. The new diesel will be installed in Opel’s flagship Insignia and its next-generation Zafira multipurpose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.