FRANKFURT – Adam Opel GmbH launches a 160-hp Insignia – built on the same platform as the Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 – that achieves 46 mpg (5.1 L/100 km). The 177-hp Malibu that weighs about the same as the Insignia gets 22 mpg (10.7 L/100 km). The big difference is a modern 2.0L DCTI diesel vs. a 2.4L Ecotec gasoline engine, plus a 6-speed manual transmission vs. a 4-speed automatic, but the improvements Opel has made also show the extent to which European auto makers are working ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.