General Motors Corp.’s Adam Opel AG European unit agrees to give employees an initial 3.1% pay increase. Workers will receive the 3.1% hike from June 1, 2002 until June of 2003, when the amount will drop to 2.6%. The raise is less than the 4% Germany’s IG Metall engineering union recently negotiated, allowing Opel to save an amount in the double-digit millions of euros in the next three and a half years, reports say. Opel is currently in the midst of a restructuring program, aimed at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.