Australia’s Orbital says it passed an important engineering milestone with the successful integration of its advanced fuel-injection technology, called FlexDITM, into a passenger car. Combined with FlexDITM, Chinese auto maker Chongqing Changan’s Intelligent Compound Combustion Systems engine produced significant reductions in fuel consumption and greenhouse-gas emissions, Orbital says. Changan hired Orbital in 2009 to integrate FlexDITM into the ICCS 4-cyl., designed to meet stricter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.