We North Americans are a tough lot. We have elevated the discount to a national past time. We crave deals, deep-discounted deals. Anyone that gets in our way, beware. The laws against monopoly are just the beginning of the extent we’ll go to clear the path to a good price. Laws currently on the horizon are heading toward criminalizing anything that hints of predatory pricing. What’s worse, it’s not about jailing a few fraudulent dealers here and there, it’s about demonizing anyone who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.