The Australian auto industry is resisting federal government proposals calling for the implementation of tough cuts to vehicle emissions. After being roundly rebuffed in its attempt to legislate an emissions trading scheme, the government now has vehicle pollution in its gun sights, saying it wants Euro 5 regulations to apply by 2012. Melbourne’s The Age newspaper says Transport Minister Anthony Albanese is due to meet with industry executives in Melbourne next week, where auto makers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.