The Australian auto industry is in shock after the Labor government abruptly cancels the A$500 million ($499 million) Green Car Innovation Fund and A$394 million ($393 million) Cash-for-Clunkers program to help pay recovery costs after massive floods across Queensland cause A$5.6 billion ($5.6 billion) in damages. “It is a bitterly disappointing decision, and one which is to be regretted,” Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Andrew McKellar says in a statement. “The Green Car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.