Vehicle prices are beginning to fall in Australia ahead of a 50% cut in import duty. The Australian government is reducing tariffs on imported passenger cars to 5%, from 10%, effective Jan. 1. Four-wheel-drive vehicles already are subject to an import duty of 5%, which will remain the same. Honda Australia Pty Ltd. says it is passing on savings of A$1,500 to A$3,000 ($1,390 to $2,780) to buyers of Japanese- and U.K.-sourced models. The price of Honda’s Thai-built vehicle will not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.