CANBERRA – Sales of light passenger cars pushed ahead in February, despite a general softening in the Australian market. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says overall light-vehicle sales fell 4.6%, to 77,466 units. Year-to-date sales fell 2.2% from like-2005, to 147,449 units. The light passenger car segment jumped 13.8%, or 1,097 units, in February, marking the 31st month in a row the segment has set a sales record. However, small-car sales slipped 0.4%, ending a 12-month ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.