The Australian government is following the lead of the U.S. in edging towards mandatory fuel efficiency and carbon-pollution standards for vehicles. Federal Transport Minister Anthony Albanese gives the warning after meeting with his state counterparts to consider a final report from the Vehicle Fuel Efficiency Working Group. The study recommends a number of measures to improve the fuel efficiency of the country’s vehicle fleet, including mandatory carbon-dioxide emissions standards for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.