Australian Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane rebuffs a call from the local auto industry for more government aid and a review of the way existing money has been allocated. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Andrew McKellar says in a published report the country’s four domestic auto makers – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd., GM Holden Ltd., Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. – want to renegotiate the rest of a A$7.3 billion ($6.2 billion) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.