Australian new-vehicle sales climbed 9.1% to 1,049,982 units in 2007, topping the 1 million mark for the first time, data from industry statistician VFACTS shows. The previous sales record of 988,269 units was set in 2005. “One million new-vehicle sales in a country of 21 million people is an impressive achievement and ranks as one of the highest rates of new-car purchase in the developed world,” Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Andrew McKellar says in a statement. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.