About two-thirds of Australian suppliers have experienced declining or stagnant profits in the last three years and must focus on overseas markets in order to survive, a new report says. The study by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Pty. Ltd. for the Australian Industry Group highlights the ongoing restructuring of the country’s auto-parts industry as it responds to greater global competition, a strong Australian dollar, declining vehicle production and demand from OEMs for lower-cost components. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.