Dealers on the Ward's Dealer 500, an annual ranking of the top U.S. dealerships, have set a torrid pace the last few years. From 1997 to 2000, they increased their total revenue an average of $10 million annually per dealership – from $91 million in 1997 to $121 million in 2000. Full 2002 Ward's Dealer Business 500 special report In 2001, the pace slowed. Last year, the Ward's 500 generated $62.4 billion total revenue – up from $60.5 billion in 2000. Total revenue per dealership, though, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.