Early indications are consumers and auto makers are taking a shine to paint with less sparkle in favor of sheet metal with a “liquid-metal” look, says coatings manufacturer BASF. Currently, the effect can be achieved with an aftermarket product, while Ford soon will launch at least two vehicles with a near-liquid-metal finish, says Paul Czornij, technical manager-color excellence. A Honda Civic concept featured the unique look at this year’s Detroit auto show in January. But early ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.