Beijing Jeep Corp. Ltd. now is building Mitsubishi Motor Corp.’s Pajero Sport SUV. Three different versions of the vehicle rolled off the production line for the first time last month. The former Chrysler Corp. and the Beijing government formed Beijing Jeep in 1984, the oldest foreign auto making joint venture in China. DaimlerChrysler AG says the new agreement with Mitsubishi, its Japanese alliance partner, will extend the life of the JV another 30 years. While the Pajero has been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.