PARIS – BMW AG plans to add a third model to its U.S. plant in Spartanburg, SC, but there is no specific timeframe. In an interview with the German newspaper Die Welt am Sonntag, BMW President Helmut Panke says the company has plans to add capacity to the BMW X5 4.8L is built at Spartanburg plant. Spartanburg operation. Current capacity is 166,000 units annually. A BMW Mfg. Corp. spokeswoman at the Spartanburg facility tells Ward’s the auto maker has had long-standing plans to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.