PARIS – The City of Light plans to be the electric-car leader as early as next year. In late November, Paris will ask for bids for a program involving 3,000 electric cars that would be used for short-distance rentals in and around the French capital. The program, called Autolib, will be a revolution in transportation, says Mayor Bertrand Delanoe, and it could be in place by the end of 2010. “The cars will have to perform well for a revolutionary system that is completely innovative and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.