PARIS – Rudolf Diesel invented the compression-ignition engine in Germany, and Mercedes-Benz in 1936 put the first diesel engine in a passenger car, but France is home to many key European diesel suppliers. Faurecia SA is the leader in diesel particulate filters. Rhodia SA supplies the Eolys fluid that regenerates 1.8 million particle filters on the road in Europe; PSA Peugeot Citroen made particulate filters a selling point well ahead of legal requirements; and Delphi Diesel Systems is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.