After a period of delays, Volkswagen AG offers the U.S. its first all-wheel drive (AWD) passenger-car in more than a decade. U.S. buyers now can order the Passat midsize sedan with VW's AWD 4Motion system. The 4Motion hardware is a $1,600 option, offered exclusively for 2.8L SOHC V-6-equipped Passats with the 5-speed Tiptronic automatic transmission. For the U.S. market, the 1988 Quantum wagon was the last VW-brand passenger vehicle to offer AWD. Because the Passat uses a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.