DEARBORN, MI – As the Bush Admin. launches term No.2 this month, the nation’s top auto safety cop prepares to tackle an agenda full of controversy, urgency and uncertainty – that is, if he gets to stick around. Dr. Jeffrey Runge, the North Carolina trauma surgeon who was appointed administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. during Bush’s first term, says he has talked to boss Norman Mineta – who heads the Dept. of Transportation overseeing NHTSA – and received the go-ahead ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.