Malaysian national car maker Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua) reportedly will raise annual production capacity to 250,000 units by the third quarter. Perodua will invest between 30 million ringgit ($7.9 million) and 50 million ringgit ($13.1 million) in the expansion, Managing Director Hafiz Syed Abu Bakar says in a published report. The action will put the auto maker in a better position to boost its exports, now a small fraction of its sales. “A quarter-million units is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.