A Peugeot 308 XS HDi completes a 25-day, 9,112-mile (14,580-km) road trip around Australia and beats two fuel-economy records in the process. Piloted around the island continent by independent drivers John and Helen Taylor, the diesel hatchback averaged 75.2 mpg (3.1 L/100 km). This figure breaks the former record of 67.4 mpg (3.5 L/100 km), set in 2004 in a Peugeot 307, achieving the Guinness World Records’ Round Australia Diesel Economy World Record, as well as the overall Round ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.