Peugeot SA and IBM Corp. team up to create an Internet vehicle diagnostic system, e-diagnostics, that allows a service technician to detect any problems via a vehicle’s on-board computer. The system connects to a central server through cables attached to a telephone line and lets a technician know exactly what is wrong with the vehicle, then provides step-by-step instructions on how to correct the problem. Peugeot and IBM hope to have the system in European dealerships and service ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.