PSA Peugeot Citroen will begin producing a new series of small engines developed with BMW AG. The engines will be made at Peugeot’s new Douvrin, France, plant at the end of 2005, say reports. Peugeot will split the costs with BMW according to the number of engines produced for each auto maker. Last July Peugeot and BMW said the cost of the engine project would be E750 million ($809 million).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.