PARIS – Automobiles Peugeot’s launch into electric-vehicle distribution has begun, albeit slowly. Some 200 orders have been placed for the Peugeot iOn, a version of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV, and the auto maker expects to move 4,000 units this year, all to fleets, says Xavier Peugeot, director-marketing and communication. Among the customers is an auto-sharing program in Nice, France, that will take 40 cars. The iOn and its lithium-ion battery will be leased for €500 ($680) a month. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.