PSA Peugeot Citroen will invest €430 million ($425.9 million) to add production of a new transmission at its Valenciennes, France, plant. The investment will allow the facility to produce 6,500 of the gearboxes per day, say reports. Expected to be up and running by 2005, the new unit reportedly will add 200 new jobs in three years to Valenciennes’ current 2,200 employees.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.