DETROIT – Volkswagen of America Inc. and its parent are sending mixed signals about the sales potential for the Phaeton sedan in its most important market, the U.S. Volkswagen AG Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder told Ward’s at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January that he expected the U.S. to account for up to 50% of Phaeton’s global volumes when the car reaches full production in the ’06 model year. (See related story: VW Faces Tough transitional Year Ahead) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.