CANBERRA – The Australian auto industry faces renewed disruption after workers at glass supplier Pilkington Automotive's Victoria plant walk out after contract talks break down. Pilkington supplies glass for the automotive industry The Australian Mfg. Workers Union (AWU) is seeking a 6% annual wage increase for the next three years for the 150 employees at the glass maker's Victoria facility. But Pilkington only will concede a 9% hike over 27 months. The union also wants a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.